The Living In Place Institute provides the broadest education resources and tools available for professionals to help all their clients, regardless of their current or future needs or age, make design and product changes to create a home environment that is accessible, comfortable and safe for everyone. The CLIPP program was created, designed and taught by subject matter experts helping professionals enhance their existing businesses or create business opportunities, embracing accessibility, comfort and safety in all homes.
The Living In Place Institute focuses only on education and awareness programs, unlike trade associations and public interest groups that offer demographic-limiting programs such as “aging in place,” and the non-specific “universal design”.
The CLIPP course covers the following topics:
- Your Role in Home Accessibility and Safety
- Statistics and Trends of Living In Place
- Medical, Pharmaceutical and Cognitive Issues of Aging
- Experiential Meal (where everyone assumes a temporary disabillity, then prepares and eat a meal)
- Living In Place Designs, Products and Installation
- Using the Home Accessibility Safety Assessment Checklist (HASAC)
- How to Sell Your CLIPP Designation and HASAC Services
The Living In Place Institute delivers CLIPP training programs so it is flexible for everyone:
- Live-In-Person / Two 10-hour sessions in two consecutive days, at large training centers
- Live-Virtual / Six 3-hour sessions over two weeks